It's hard to believe that the garage / extension / house revamping started 4 months ago now, they have gone by in a blur. We set ourselves and our builder, Matt, a task and a half.
- Build a garage and playroom at the bottom of the garden
- Replace all the heating in the house - boiler, radiators (or 'rads' if you want to pretend to be one of the boys nb: it's cringeworthy when I try doing that), pipework
- Replace all the doors, frames and skirting board
- Build a single storey extension to the back of the house, knocking the wall between our existing kitchen and dining room down and extending back a further 4 metres to give an open plan kitchen / diner/ office/ snug area.
- Replace our bathroom which included replacing the floor boards, removing all the old tiles and building a stud wall into Ozzy's room to accommodate a walk in shower
- Replaster and redecorate Ozzy's room, redecorate our bedroom.
- Replace our kitchen
It seemed like a good idea to do it all in one hit, having saved up for the part 5 years to make this all happen. Man it's been hard work, especially at the moment when we are living at my in laws and travelling back and forth to work on the house day and night.
I've not been online nearly as much as usual but normal service will resume in the New Year, in the meantime some thank yous:
To Al's parents for putting us us over the past few weeks (or should that be putting up with us)
To my mother in law, Margaret from coming to my rescue when Kitty was rushed to hospital with pneumonia recently.
To online friends for keeping me sane and lending an ear when I've been stressed.
To Mummy Barrow for not freaking out / laughing when I rang her very over excitedly to tell her in great detail about my *whispers* vaginal repair operation, next Friday. I know, I know you didn't need to know that, but actually these things happen so loud and proud...
To Pat at Bosinver Farm Cottages for asking us if we would like to review a family stay in Cornwall at just the right time (aka when the back of our house was knocked down)
And finally, to gin. You really have helped at times. A lot.
We should be back home in a fortnight and by then we'll have a kitchen and bathroom and best of all, after 6 years without, I'll have an OVEN.
I suppose I best start thinking of Christmas soon... ARGH!!!